With 11 students and 03 Teachers the Visionary Founder Principal, Mrs. Bhanumati Prasad started nurturing a seedling in the-then Mohsin Manjilat Circular Road, Ranchi in the propitious year 1949 (July)that has grown as multi-faculty Premier College 'Ranchi Women's College' enlightening the whole State as 'Capacity Builders for Women'.
Late Bhanumati Prasad
Founder of the College
Initially, Ranchi Women's College was affiliated to the Patna University in 1951. In 1957 the affiliation was shifted to the Bihar University which was carved out of Patna University as an independent unit. Finally, when Ranchi University emerged as an independent University in 1960, Ranchi Women's College was affiliated to it.
Ranchi Women's College is a government aided College which got recognition under U.G.C Act 1956 as 2(f) & 12 B, 1956.In 1987it was tansferred to the category of “College Teaching up to Post Graduate Degree” by UGC through letter no. F 8-105/86 (CPP-1) dated 3rd Nov. 1987 under section 2(f) UGC Act 1956.
Mohsin Manjil with Founder Teachers and Students of RWC in the Fifties